Wednesday, February 07, 2007

L'Magnifie


Glittering in the sky...
The day I finally die...
My boat cast off...
The shores furthest off...

The seas calling out...
No shadow of a doubt...
Characters, magic, tools of spring...
Angels, Demons, spread your wings...

Glistening silver, gold and jewels...
Fought over, gory fights and duels...
Blood spilt over the ages...
Annals covering pages and pages...

It all ends the same way...
maybe its in happiness or in dismay...
the plagues, beheadings and infest...
Was it tragic or just God's jest?

Death, the leveller, the grim reaper



I have tried to break almost all the rules of poetry here...so i don't know whether this would even qualify as poetry. But I like it and so thought I'd share it with the reader.

1 comment:

Prabhu Dutta Das said...

Annals cover both the pages and wages!!!